Welcome to Team Muleterro
We are MULES. Montana's Ultimate Leaders of Endurance Sports.
Team Muleterro is a bike team in Bozeman, Montana. We love to bike! You'll see us at all sorts of races, especially Mountain Bike, Cyclocross, BMX, Triathlons and even some Road races. We're the loud, fast, high kicking group that is having more fun than everyone else. After all... that's why we do it - it's FUN!
MuleX results are available courtesy of muddy dog sports:
Thanks to everyone who showed up, and a special thanks to Headframe Spirits, the Gear Wizard, The Roundhouse, Norris Hot Springs, Ghost Town Coffee, The Gravel Bar, Hardy Drywall, and Ensitio Arcitecture!
I noticed lots of photographors present - Hopefully they will post their pictures here so we can all relive the excitement!
It's almost time to race. If you've raced with us in the past at the Bozeman Regional Park - please park in the same parking lot as before (off of Oak Street), but then please note that the START/FINISH area is at the pavilions this year (closer to the Fire Department). Here's an outline of the map:
- Start at the start, on the major pathway. Ride past the pavilions, 180 right turn, back by the pavilions, left turn, least bumpy path around the outside of the mound, with some chicanery, head to the gravel path on the S side of park.
- Follow this path to catch your breath, then turn left to ride along the edge of the empty drainage pond (gopher hole filling may be necessary), then drop left into the pond, bank of the other side, and exit back to the gravel path.
- Something fun (possibly with dirt mound on SW side of pump track), then hit A line along the East most pump track line or B line outside pump track.
- Turn left on gravel path, catch your breath, turn right along lakeshore path, climb the spine of the grassy knoll.
- Turn right on other side of grassy knoll, switchback against gravel path, parallel path for a bit, switchback-back, ride back along the spine of the grassy knoll, turn right along lakeside.
- Follow along the outside of pump track line, possibly hit halfpipe,, share an edge with the outcoming course to head back east.
- Ride the spine of the dirt mound (easy and fast), then drop into the mega death spiral (more spiralization than shown). Possible barriers in the center of the spiral as we did last year. Exit spiral, head west
- Briefly hit the gravel path, and then cut across the field (least bumpy route with some twistys) to the lakeside path. Stay near this path (with some chicanery) to the beach.
- Sweeping left turn through double gate onto the beach. Turn continues to go around the cottonwood tree (shallow lake ride), or B line on the beach side of the tree (with corners enough to make it slower). Lines rejoin, ride along lakeside, then a series of ugly corners to scrub all speed before exiting at the narrow gate.
- Head E on path, easy left turn which leads across the corner of the large dirt mound, and across the gravel bar. Some chicanery, ending with a nice run up to climb awkwardly over a lump, then up the gut of the large dirt mound, bank left and drop down, with mounds on the exit. Easy loop heads back to dirt mound, bank left , over the mound, and away.
- Through the field, to meet up (possibly sooner than shown) with the outgoing course, sharing course markings. Parallel the outgoing course, to gravel path along the culvert.
- Dodge right off the path, switchback back to the path (heading N), then switchback across the culvert (heading SE). Left onto the major pathway, then through start and finish.
- Repeat 5-8x
- Eat tater tots